Saturday, January 9, 2010

So much to say!



So... these past few days have been Cuh-rayyy-zee. To the max. Forreal. I am so hyper (can you tell). I think being in this "real job" has really depressed me. Not in the sense like it made me sad .. but how drinking too much depresses your systems ... kind of slows everything down.


And now, the possibility that looms ahead of me is just so expansive and exciting ... and I have TOTAL control.


Mind you, I'm still terrified. But I have this excitement completely separate from anxiousness. It is hopeful. 


OKAY. I'm using this blog to gather my thoughts about what is going to happen.


GOALS:


1.) Open a vintage shop. 


I've been dabbling in vintage within the whichgoose shop, but I think it's time to give it its own little home. Plus, that way whichgoose will be a strictly hair accessory shop. And I like it that way. It's like keeping the peas and mashed potatoes separate on your plate :) 


I've already got the place all picked out and a healthy pile of "goodies to list." FUN. Here's where it will be: http://www.etsy.com/shop/venusonthehalfshell



2.) Set up and stick with daily goals.


These include getting out of the house everyday for a walk or some outdoor activity. Listing something new everyday. Trying to blog everyday and NOT eating out everyday (or at all.) This last one will be the most difficult BY FAR. How will I live without panera bread? 


3.) Set aside "me time" to do things I haven't been able to do for a while.


Rich mentioned reading. I would like to get into a habit of having an "afternoon read." That seems like a great way to re-group and de-focus myself for a little while


By the way .... GOT ANY BOOK SUGGESTIONS????


I also want to check out all the thrift shops in the area.. haven't done that in a while! Plus, things like baking are always fun :) 

16 comments:

Britten said...

Oh! I love the new shop name! Can't wait!

And boy, do I have some book recommendations for you! My friends and I are starting a new website called Eve's Fan Garden and it opens this Monday! Come check us out!

http://evesfangarden.com

Basht said...

learning to cook your favorites will be healthier, get you out of the house (grocery shopping) and creating food just makes it taste better. search online for recipes (look for those with reviews) or join something like the daring bakers or daring cooks (www.thedaringkitchen.com).
outside of this, i think i speak for all of us when i say we're proud of you. you're taking a big leap for what you want and where you want to be, and that's fantastic

Danette said...

Love that top photo.

"The Alienist" by Caleb Carr.

or

"At The Back of the North Wind" I forget the author, it's a children's chapter book, an english writer, I think.

AmandaMuses said...

Exciting news about your vintage shop :D

RE: Book recommendations, I don't know your taste exactly but Pattern Recognition by William Gibson is a fun read and The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp is an inspiring book I keep coming back to year after year.

What sort of books do you like to read?

Georgia said...

Ahhh! Britten beat me to it LOL! I was going to tell you about our site too :) Eve's Fan Garden will have TONS of book suggestions.

A couple book suggestions off the top of my head if you have not read them yet would be:

The Hunger Games and its sequel Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Leviathan by Scott Westerfield

Shiver by Maggie Steifvater (I LOVED THIS ONE!!!!)

~Georgia

Anonymous said...

Yay for the new shop! So exciting! My book suggestion is The Looking Glass Wars series by Frank Beddor. If you like Alice in Wonderland, it's definitely up your alley :)

melee said...

I love that series!

For thought provoking: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

For fun/light read: Anything by Agatha Christie. For less old school Michael Crichton

For short stories: Russian or Grimm Fairy Tales.

And if you like literature or simply whimsical: Jasper Fforde, a British writer.

Cameron said...

Happy New Year! Not sure what your reading style is, but... two enthusiastic book recommendations off the top of my head:

The Outlander - Diana Gabaldon
The Tea Rose - Jennifer Donnelly

zuemy said...

good for you it so much fun to have a vintage shop! i love my!! i cant wait you add stuff in your shop :)

chanina said...

Congratulations on your new shop! can't wait to see everything!
I recommend tastespotting.com for recipes and baking, it's addictive!

whichgoose said...

ooh guys!! Thanks so much for the tips, links and titles!! yay! I will seriously check them out.

As for book tastes? I dunno. Definitely into a novel over non-fiction.

Last few books I read: "The Road" by C.McCarthy "Time Traveler's Wife" (BEFORE the movie came out I might add!!) haha and "1984" on the urging of my boyfriend. OH. also, "The Historian".

:)

Unknown said...

Hello, looking forward to Your new shop opening you have excellant taste, love your beautiful hair accessories!!!!!!

Jillian said...

I feel you on setting goals, I've been working on that for this year. As far as books go, I recommend "The Woman In Black" by Susan Hill if you like ghost stories at all. It's a quick read, but is hands down my favorite spooky book.

denisemichelle said...

Have you read Love Walked In, by Marisa de los Santos? It took me a bit to really get engaged into it, but then I loved it. Probably my favorite book I read last year. I think you'd like it. It's a feel-good book without being too fluffy.

Aline said...

these are wonderful goals!

i found your new shop...such pretty things!

Empidog said...

Buy or borrow a cycle and go for ride you`ll be surprised how an hour on the bike can sort things out.. been doing it for years and it works... Good luck